The Hotel Majestic on the Avenue Kléber in Paris was UNESCO’s temporary home until 1958, when it moved to its present headquarters on the Place de Fontenoy. The main building which houses the Headquarters of UNESCO was inaugurated on 3 November 1958. The Y-shaped design was invented by three architects of different nationalities under the direction of an international committee. Nicknamed the ‘three-pointed star’, the entire edifice stands on seventy-two columns of concrete piling. It is world famous, not only because it is the home of a well-known organization but also because of its outstanding architectural qualities.